Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Business Insider - The Kia Stinger is one of the best cars we've driven

Kia Stinger News

Staff Member
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea

• The Kia Stinger is the best car the South Korean automaker has ever produced.
  • We've driven it on two coasts and have been blown away.
  • The sports sedan is packed with appealing features for a relatively low price, given that it's going up against Audis and BMWs.

When the Kia Stinger was revealed in 2017, nobody saw the BMW/Audi fighter coming from the South Korean automaker.

That said, the car - in its magnificent sleekness - was a welcome surprise. The auto world collectively salivated over the opportunity to get behind the wheel.

For us, that happened in early 2018. We spent a few days driving around the Bay Area in a $52,000 Stinger GT2; we then recreated that experience a couple of months later on the East Coast.

Our West Coast tester arrived in "Hichroma Red." We sampled the top-of-the-line GT2, which came with every imaginable option and all-wheel drive. The sticker price was $52,300. The base four-cylinder trim level starts at $31,900, however, so you get all of this useful beauty for a lot less.

Schreyer owns a Stinger - and he told me that he was stopped by the German police so they could get a closer look!

On the East Coast, I had people honking horns at me to ask if I was really driving a Kia.

Yeah, this car can gather attention, to be sure.

Read more on Business Insider.