Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Wagner Tuning Intercooler currently under development

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Another intercooler is currently under development for the 3.3T.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Excellent news.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Yes more options.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
To bad it's not out now. Mine is getting a new stock intercooler thanks to an 18wheeler tire in the interstate :(

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
To bad it's not out now. Mine is getting a new stock intercooler thanks to an 18wheeler tire in the interstate :(
Ouch sorry to hear, was it bad?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Nice, I hope it is the whole thing with the piping and the y-pipe with the BOV flanges etc.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Great to see more selections. Still surprised [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] hasn't released theirs since its been done for a long time.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Great to see more selections. Still surprised [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] hasn't released theirs since its been done for a long time.
Waiting on full release once tuning is sorted. No point trying to sell a product with tuning software to back it up. Been along wait......But its finally off to dyno tomorrow to get sone tuning sorted. Then we can see the scope of cooler upgrade. I hate selling a product that hasnt been proven. My apologies guys. Should have everything finalised next week. Hoping for around 350rwkw on pump gas. Then we will see how we go with some e85 ????

Kindest regards Jon

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
Ouch sorry to hear, was it bad?
Not horrible. But bad enough. I?ll end up with a new bumper, intercooler and trans coolers. But everyone was ok so that?s the big thing

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Waiting on full release once tuning is sorted. No point trying to sell a product with tuning software to back it up. Been along wait......But its finally off to dyno tomorrow to get sone tuning sorted. Then we can see the scope of cooler upgrade. I hate selling a product that hasnt been proven. My apologies guys. Should have everything finalised next week. Hoping for around 350rwkw on pump gas. Then we will see how we go with some e85 ????

Kindest regards Jon
Hey Jon, good to get an update from you. We certainly miss your updates.[^]

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2

Kindest regards Jon
That is good news.....Wait!!...so you guys finally cracked the ECU encryption?....E85??.....Am I dreaming??

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
That is good news.....Wait!!...so you guys finally cracked the ECU encryption?....E85??.....Am I dreaming??
Nope but it has been done. You guys in US should start to see reflash software available real soon. We have several places in Australia with reflash software now and yes tuned to E85. We have gone down the path of Unichip to begin with as its non intrusive to the ECU so it cant be picked up. Just unplug and its back to stock and no one is any wiser. It made 322rwkw on a mainline dyno so back on our DD we should see around 340rwkw. Still very safe with tuning, AFRs still on rich side in mid 11s. We have a bit more work to do with it and then onto the e85. I think we will crack the 400rwkw very soon. Our products can now finally be released. Just tweaking a few things with intake lids. Will post it all up soon

Kindest regards Jon

Attachments

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Are there any updates from Wagner on this?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Are there any updates from Wagner on this?
I emailed them a week ago asking when it will be available and if it is just an intercooler or a complete kit with piping, the reply was "we will let you know once it is available" with no ETA or details. Doesn't seem like it is on the priority list for them.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Well, that is disappointing. [mecry]

We should all start emailing them about the progress, maybe if they see the interest, they will pay more attention to it.
Like what we did with AEM to have them make a CAI for the 3.3

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Well, that is disappointing. [mecry]

We should all start emailing them about the progress, maybe if they see the interest, they will pay more attention to it.
Like what we did with AEM to have them make a CAI for the 3.3
Good idea.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 TT
Jonny Tig?s intercooler is simply amazing! I?m sure other brands are going to be great too but I?m just saying from experience because I own some of his fine products and the intercooler especially is a beast of all beasts. :)

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Jonny Tig?s intercooler is simply amazing! I?m sure other brands are going to be great too but I?m just saying from experience because I own some of his fine products and the intercooler especially is a beast of all beasts. :)
My issue so far is that the intercooler options are either marginally better than stock or just too massive and aggressive.

There needs to be a middle-road intercooler. One that's merely an inch taller and an inch wider. Call it a "mild" intercooler, if you will. I'm not looking to add too much weight to the front since the car is already 52/48, so I'm debating on alky injection since that adds the least overall weight while adding significant cooling power.

*shrug* I can only hope someone will release a "slightly" bigger Stage 1 intercooler.

Johnny B

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Ultimate Performance intercooler. I am using this product and it is amazing. Perfect fit and flows so much better than stock. No more heat soak from stop light to stop light and much better throttle response.