Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Unichip Tuning from Australia

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Another tune is about to his the market for the Australian market, currently being developed as we speak.

Installation looks most easiest from what currently on the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iY72F5Nbg4&feature=youtu.be

Key Points:
  • Increase boost pressure from 12psi to 16psi.
  • Multi Maps (Up to 5 Maps)
  • Easily plugs into the stock ECU & ECU harned in minutes, no programming necessary.
  • Realizes the full potential of Aftermarket add-on's like Cold Air Intake & Exhaust Systems, as each kit comes pre-mapped for the exact set up of each car or truck.
  • No end user tuning necessary, just plug the kit into the car & you're ready to go.
  • Easily upgradeable for future add-on's.
  • Each kit comes with two maps: a low octane performance map & a high octane performance map, switchable from within the vehicle.
  • Fully tunable by a Unichip Custom Tuner for the customized add-on's. THis basically means that the Engine Management System in your ride is now as a tuner friendly as the most advanced Standalone systems in the world, without sacrificing and of the factory features. This feature is unmatched by any reflash-tuning or other similar product.
  • Plug 'n Play harnesses are fully Flux capable - purchase the Plug 'n Play kit or upgrade later - Flux simply plugs into the Unichip Plug 'n Play harness.
  • Plug 'n Play kits are removed from the vehicle in minutes, returning the stock tuning, without leaving a footprint of ever haveing been modified (a feature which reflash-tuning cannot match).

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #2
First power run from 220rwkw to 282rwkw at 5500rpm, torque went from 420nm to 525nm.

HOW DOES A UNICHIP WORK ON YOUR 2018 KIA STINGER?

Fuel Control: As 99.99% of factory cars come tuned VERY RICH, it makes sense to lean the fuel mixtures back to a safe area that enables the car to make good power without wasting fuel. With the Unichip we can blend the fuel trims only were required to correct the mass production ?errors? allowing the engine to run more efficiently and ultimately last longer, the extra power produced is just a bonus!!

Ignition Timing Control: As with fuel control factory cars come with the ignition timing a long way away from ideal. With the Unichip we can optimise the ignition timing across the entire rev range, with Unichip ?LIVE? timing and fuel adjustments are possible, this is the only true way of determining the best possible timing and fuel setting at each load site. Ultimately this will give the car more power, more torque and greater fuel economy. If the owner chooses to run premium unleaded fuel we can set the tune to take full advantage of the higher quality fuel.

Throttle Manipulation: Many new cars are ?Drive by wire? meaning the throttle is now electronically controlled via the E.C.U. Not driven by a cable any more. With this control manufacturers are now controlling the amount of throttle opening and limiting throttle opening in some cases up to 75%!
Utilizing the power of the Unichip we open your throttle to 100% and also sharpen the response time! Giving you more power and torque and faster acceleration!

Boost Control: Unichip has complete 3D control over boost pressure across the entire operating range of the engine. This allows the Unichip Trained technician to increase the boost pressure as required. This helps in keeping the Air Fuel Ratios within a safe limit.

Platinum Feature:

Map Select : This option enables the 5 map capability of the Unichip Q4. This means you can access the 5 maps which can be tailored to your requirements. EG, High octane Map, low octane map, Standard Map, Immobiliser Map or even a race fuel map. Speak to your Authorised Unichip agent to tailor 5 tunes to suit your application.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
Great info thanks! Saw the video on Facebook as well. Will there be a version for the 2.0L and any price indications so far?

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Great info thanks! Saw the video on Facebook as well. Will there be a version for the 2.0L and any price indications so far?
I'll shoot them an email and will let you know.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
looks very promising, I like the plug and play feature.
I hope they have a higher resolution video so we can appreciated the graphs better.

Robs

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
I'll shoot them an email and will let you know.
Thanks again! Could you also please check with them if upgraded plugs are needed or stock plugs re-gapped as the other piggy backs are all requiring those steps even though advertised as working with a stock car. So far from most reviews i?ve read, many have been experiencing misfires and fouled plugs which are requiring both plugs and coil packs to be replaced. Hope Unichip is aware of these cases with the competition and worked around the issues, and if they have, theirs would be the only one without misfire issues to-date!

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
I'm planning on going down to see the boys and they said i could drive thier Stinger. Cant wait for my car.

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
Thanks again! Could you also please check with them if upgraded plugs are needed or stock plugs re-gapped as the other piggy backs are all requiring those steps even though advertised as working with a stock car. So far from most reviews i've read, many have been experiencing misfires and fouled plugs which are requiring both plugs and coil packs to be replaced. Hope Unichip is aware of these cases with the competition and worked around the issues, and if they have, theirs would be the only one without misfire issues to-date!
Finally heard back from them, they said they don't sell out of Australia and referred me to a US dealer. I sent the US dealer an email, waiting to hear back from them too.[hihi]

Here's is their direct email if you want to see if they sell to Singapore. info@unichip.com.au

Robs

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
Finally heard back from them, they said they don't sell out of Australia and referred me to a US dealer. I sent the US dealer an email, waiting to hear back from them too.[hihi]

Here's is their direct email if you want to see if they sell to Singapore. info@unichip.com.au
Ok thanks [MENTION=8]StingerMike[/MENTION] !

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Thanks again! Could you also please check with them if upgraded plugs are needed or stock plugs re-gapped as the other piggy backs are all requiring those steps even though advertised as working with a stock car. So far from most reviews i've read, many have been experiencing misfires and fouled plugs which are requiring both plugs and coil packs to be replaced. Hope Unichip is aware of these cases with the competition and worked around the issues, and if they have, theirs would be the only one without misfire issues to-date!
With any tune you buy you're going to want to re-gap to .24ish. Ignore the tune maker when they say it's plug-n-play, it isn't! Save yourself the headache and just re-gap.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
I?m really liking these figures.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I'm planning on going down to see the boys and they said i could drive thier Stinger. Cant wait for my car.
Let us know how it goes.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger Premium
They responded to me via email saying they plan to work on a 2.0L but don't have anything yet.