Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

RaceChip GTS Black Initial Review

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Yep, done!
1. It's free.
2. Yep.
3. Haven't really checked, but I haven't noticed anything major. Then again, I drive pretty harshly and mostly local roads, so my efficiency rests at around 16-18 miles per gallon anyway.
Yes, that's correct according to the manual. I don't have an external boost gauge so I have no idea; perhaps [MENTION=444]RaceChip[/MENTION] can help with that one.
The app itself is free, but the RaceChip with the app feature cost $50 more, because it needs more hardware (bluetooth chip).
Yes, boost pressure, manifold absolute pressure and camshaft sensor. The boost pressure increase depends on the boost pressure and the rpms. We usually do not make those numbers public.

[MENTION=453]eliwu26[/MENTION]I wonder why there are three performance levels.
We generally offer three different products, because some people do not want to spend $800. The RS already offers a decent performance upgrade for a good price.
In Germany, we sell a lot of products for 5-10 year old cars. Those people do not want to spend too much money while also not looking for the maxmum performance, because their car already drove 100,000 miles...

Ouch $800 for the GTS is pretty steep.
Hopefully [MENTION=444]RaceChip[/MENTION] can provide more details between the $700 and $800 tune.
The main difference is the performance upgrade.
Minor differences are other festures:
- The GTS Black comes with a built in warmup timer (only relevant if you don't get the app)
- The GTS Black includes 2 reprogrammings to new cars instead of 1

It's actually $100 off right now.
$700 for 50+ hp is hard to beat. Compare that to $1500 for 30 hp from an exhaust or $400 for 5 hp from an intake.
Yes, welcome to the world of well built turbocharged cars.
For the $100 discount use KIA_STINGER as coupon code

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Silver Kia Stinger GT
[MENTION=444]RaceChip[/MENTION] I understand one GTS has more features than the other resulting in different pricing but why can't they have the same horsepower?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the thorough review, and comparison. Also I?m in Nor-cal too, in Napa, would love to connect with other owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in Stockton.

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia Optima SX-T
Nice write up and review. Now it's time to get it on a dyno to see the differences and log the boost, timing, knock, ECT, IAT and other goodies to see what is really going on.

And just for technical accuracy, the "A" connection is to the TIP (throttle inlet pressure) sensor and the "B" connection is to the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
I just read that Race chip has started development on a tuning solution for the 2.0l as well!!! :)

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I just read that Race chip has started development on a tuning solution for the 2.0l as well!!! :)
They should otherwise they're leaving out a huge market potential.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Yes, we are almost finished developing it. Please tell me if you are interested in being a beta tester.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
I got a ticket in the Stinger on I-5 just outside of Stockton... 88 in a 70, caught me with Ka band, I completely missed the alert, as I was taking my jacket off. He wrote it for 85 which was cool, I'm trying to give it back.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I got a ticket in the Stinger on I-5 just outside of Stockton... 88 in a 70, caught me with Ka band, I completely missed the alert, as I was taking my jacket off. He wrote it for 85 which was cool, I'm trying to give it back.
CHP is always waiting right after the speed limit slows down near March Ln, they'll normally set up another speed trap down south by hospital. I got nailed a couple of times down south. Next time you're passing through town let me know, we can grab lunch. I have a Black GT too.

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Yes, we are almost finished developing it. Please tell me if you are interested in being a beta tester.
Do you get the product for free as a beta tester?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0l Premium
Would love to.

Firemedix - Lakeland, FL

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Great review, right now I'm seriously considering this tune because of the app, still want to get some more feedback from early adopters.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I?m waiting for the feedback too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Let us know how it works out if you end up getting one.
If I'm allowed to share it, I will. Lol

Firemedix - Lakeland, FL

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Sometimes companies don't want beta test info out to the public. Like I said, if I'm allowed, if I get chosen, I would post updates frequently.

Firemedix - Lakeland, FL

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
Sometimes companies don't want beta test info out to the public. Like I said, if I'm allowed, if I get chosen, I would post updates frequently.

Firemedix - Lakeland, FL
I completely understand.[cheers]