Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Filling your tires

StingerGT2

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT2
So, according to my sales person and my window sticker, my GT2 AWD came with 18" nitrogen filled tires. I have no reason to dispute this. However, I'm wondering how do I add additional nitrogen if I need to besides going to the dealer? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus using Tapatalk

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Costco does it free.[thumb]

You can also search this site for filling locations https://www.getnitrogen.org/

So, according to my sales person and my window sticker, my GT2 AWD came with 18" nitrogen filled tires. I have no reason to dispute this. However, I'm wondering how do I add additional nitrogen if I need to besides going to the dealer? Thanks.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
And just what is the purpose of doing that?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I used regular old air when it came time to bump up the tire pressure. I have my own air compressor and wasn't going to spend the money for additional nitrogen.

OP
StingerGT2

StingerGT2

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #5
Does anyone make a home type nitrogen portable pump?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Does anyone make a home type nitrogen portable pump?

You can get one of those nitrogen tire kits that come with a small canister of nitrogen.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I used regular old air when it came time to bump up the tire pressure. I have my own air compressor and wasn't going to spend the money for additional nitrogen.
It is free at Costco.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
So what is wrong with air at 78% Nitrogen? What is inside the tire that would oxidize and cause problems or harm or damage. That is absurd. (I'm a chemist.)

This is racing stuff, mainly because pure nitrogen shows slightly (SLIGHTLY) less pressure change as tires heat. But on a passenger car, that is absurd because race cars are subject to higher constant speeds.