Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New tune from Burger Motorsports currently being developed for the Stinger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Definitely interested.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
Following!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
For anyone interested. Burger Motorsports wants to get several of these on the road and is doing a limited sale for only 10 units. Price will be only $200 which is lees that half of what these retail for. No horsepower numbers yet as I haven?t hit the dyno but i did run a quicker 1/8 mile run with this chip over the lap3.

Terry@burgertuning.com

That?s who you need to get a hold of for this limited price. Posted in several places so these won?t last long after that price will go up to $595+

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #24
Rumor is this will increase boost to around 16 or 17psi.[woot]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
Any info on this vs RaceChip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
Mine should be delivered today. Unfortunately they're predicting 6 - 8 inches of snow tomorrow

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I'll have mine today as well but I probably won't install it until I get my first oil change.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Received the tuner yesterday. It really is as easy to install as it seems. Unfortunately the weather is not permitting me to go for a drive

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Received the tuner yesterday. It really is as easy to install as it seems. Unfortunately the weather is not permitting me to go for a drive
Three things...

A

W

D

LOLOLOL

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
What does it look like???

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Winning can you share some photos of the install? I just ordered one too. Should be here next week.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Where are you guys mounting the unit?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Mine is AWD, but it's not going outside today, lol. The burger tuning directions say to mount the box by the brake booster. It fits in there nice and snug. 20180324_165708.jpg 20180324_165558.jpg

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Winning can you share some photos of the install? I just ordered one too. Should be here next week.
They have pretty good directions on their forum. But it really is ridiculously easy to install. Easily done in under 3 minutes.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I posted a good bit of info on the other forum but for those that don't use it I'll give a short review.

Install was easy. I was planning on doing a photo write up but when I dug in I realized it wasn't even worth the effort.

In normal day-to-day driving there is no change. I didn't tell my wife about the JB4 (she though I was just under the hood installing the small Stinger badge). After I came in the house she went out and ran some errands. When she came back I asked if she noticed any change and she said no.

In more spirited driving the car accelerates quicker...really it's that simple.

I did a few 0-60 runs yesterday with the tune installed and today with it uninstalled. Both days the temps were the same, I used the same exact area of the same road. Today, with the tune uninstalled I had slightly less fuel. I used video editing software to see exactly what the times were. Yesterday with the tune installed my fastest time was 4.26-4.29 to 60. Today with it uninstalled my fastest time was 4.53.

The tune with the default map is good for shaving a quarter second off your 0-60. No idea how much better it would be with different maps and I don't have access to a track or dyno.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Thanks for the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.