Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Plasti Dip Stinger?

OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER BASE AWD
Thread Starter #21
OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #23
Sure man, if you have the time.

cupidsrage

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
I already have plastidip with color changing pearls. that i bought for my previous car and didnt get around to doing. I have been debating plastidipping mine also.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I already have plastidip with color changing pearls. that i bought for my previous car and didnt get around to doing. I have been debating plastidipping mine also.
Can you share some pictures?

cupidsrage

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
If i decide to plastidip it i will. or do you mean the color i have?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I would say go for it chris. I personally am feeling their new autoflex line. Looks glossy as hell. I would go for 19s though if I were in your shoes. Especially if you plan to do some lowering later on

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
When you talk about having to change the color back, because it won?t match what?s on the registration...can you explain what you mean. Are you not allowed to change the color of your car where you live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #33
When you talk about having to change the color back, because it won?t match what?s on the registration...can you explain what you mean. Are you not allowed to change the color of your car where you live?

Well the issue is, if you are having the vehicle painted then yes, you would then change the color of the vehicle on the registration. But if you are having it wrapped with vinyl or plasti dipped, then no you cannot change the color on the registration, because that is just a temporary modification.

OP
ChrisOfNYC
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #34
I would say go for it chris. I personally am feeling their new autoflex line. Looks glossy as hell. I would go for 19s though if I were in your shoes. Especially if you plan to do some lowering later on
Thanks, I agree with you on the 19s. For sure! Especially because here in NYC we have some really bad area's of road. So bad. Lol I doubt I will lower the car at all.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
Well the issue is, if you are having the vehicle painted then yes, you would then change the color of the vehicle on the registration. But if you are having it wrapped with vinyl or plasti dipped, then no you cannot change the color on the registration, because that is just a temporary modification.
And they can make you change the color back? So if you got pulled over for a speeding ticket or something, would the LE also cite you for the color?