Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Ground clearance on lowered suspension

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Has anyone experienced any issues with scraping after installing lowering springs on their car?

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
[MENTION=148]Steve O[/MENTION] has Eibach springs on his and I believe he said there were no clearance issues. Maybe he can provide you with an update since he's had it few a few months.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
dealer
have had ZERO ground clearance issues.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
There are two places where ground clearance can rear its ugly head. Many driveways and drainage depressions are not engineered well and can gouge the front end. I have a LOT of trouble with that on my G8 and have many scrapes under the front airdam. You can avoid that most of the time by not parking in those driveways, but some streets or motel parking lots are bad. The other thing that can catch you are speed bumps on rural back streets or airport driveways. These are not designed by automotive engineers. Just be careful if you lower the car and think ahead. My wife must drive my cars and she's just using them for transportation and has no clue about little things like dents, scratches, etc. Depends on how much control you have over the use of your car.....

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
The short front overhang reduces the issue of front clearance for driveways and curbs. So I didn't need to change my driving style but my previous SAAB was also lowered and with a much longer front overhang. The real problem is drive through car washes. I've successfully used a few now and have had no contact problems.

I drove the car for 6 weeks with stock suspension and had lots of frustrations. Too stiff on bumps. Too soft on rises and dips. Now I've had the Eibachs for 6 weeks and I'm good with the springs. The shocks have lots of room for improvement and I'm waiting for a software upgrade to do that. I hope I don't have to wait forever. They need to be stiffer in recoil. Especially in the rear.