Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 7 of 52
  1. #1
    Vendor
    Premier Vendor 66 Rep Points Mike @ ImportShark's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    Likes Received
    66
    Location
    New York
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Exclamation {{ ImportShark }} 2.0L Intake Coming Soon...

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Well here's a sneak peek for all you 2.0L people. First one on the market?

    KDM Aftermarket Specialists Since 1999
    CLICK HERE to view our Stinger product line
    sales@importshark.com

  2. #2
    Member
    37 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Likes Received
    37
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Any updates on availability?

  3. #3
    Member
    6 Rep Points GDI Guy's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    Likes Received
    6
    Location
    Sioux City
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    How much clearance does it have under the support brace?

  4. #4
    Vendor
    Premier Vendor 66 Rep Points Mike @ ImportShark's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    Likes Received
    66
    Location
    New York
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by Marty17 View Post
    Any updates on availability?
    For this one, I'm hoping about 10-14 days

    Quote Originally Posted by GDI Guy View Post
    How much clearance does it have under the support brace?
    Enough
    KDM Aftermarket Specialists Since 1999
    CLICK HERE to view our Stinger product line
    sales@importshark.com

  5. #5
    Member
    44 Rep Points Firemedix's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Likes Received
    44
    Location
    Lakeland
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike @ ImportShark View Post
    Well here's a sneak peek for all you 2.0L people. First one on the market?

    Mike, any word on anyone designing a heat shield for this intake? I have some sheet metal laying around that I could potentially fashion one but I'd realistically like a commercially made option lol

    Firemedix - Lakeland, FL
    Firemedix
    Lakeland, FL

    '96 Ford Bronco XLT
    '03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
    '18 Kia Stinger 2.0 Premium (Micro Blue/Black Int.)

  6. #6
    Vendor
    Premier Vendor 66 Rep Points Mike @ ImportShark's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    Likes Received
    66
    Location
    New York
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by Firemedix View Post
    Mike, any word on anyone designing a heat shield for this intake? I have some sheet metal laying around that I could potentially fashion one but I'd realistically like a commercially made option lol

    Firemedix - Lakeland, FL
    Literally zero. If a heat shield doesn't completely seal off the filter from the rest of the engine bay, it's not as effective as the marketing might make you think. Once that (metal) shield is heated up after driving around a bit, it's questionable how much good the shield actually does. One of the Gen Coupe heat shield style intakes was dyno'd years ago before and after a spirited 45 minute drive. The before results were +14-15hp. The after results were +8-9hp, and that's also taking whatever cool-down time was needed to get the car back on the dyno and strapped in as quickly as possible. A composite heat shield (plastic, carbon fiber or even fiberglass) would likely be much more effective, whether sealed or not. Metal is just easier for these companies to mass produce.

    Either way, no, this intake and NGM's which will be unveiled next week are basic short ram designs. As long as the filter is getting fresh air from the OEM air ducting, that's the most important part.
    KDM Aftermarket Specialists Since 1999
    CLICK HERE to view our Stinger product line
    sales@importshark.com

  7. #7
    Member
    44 Rep Points Firemedix's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Likes Received
    44
    Location
    Lakeland
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike @ ImportShark View Post
    Literally zero. If a heat shield doesn't completely seal off the filter from the rest of the engine bay, it's not as effective as the marketing might make you think. Once that (metal) shield is heated up after driving around a bit, it's questionable how much good the shield actually does. One of the Gen Coupe heat shield style intakes was dyno'd years ago before and after a spirited 45 minute drive. The before results were +14-15hp. The after results were +8-9hp, and that's also taking whatever cool-down time was needed to get the car back on the dyno and strapped in as quickly as possible. A composite heat shield (plastic, carbon fiber or even fiberglass) would likely be much more effective, whether sealed or not. Metal is just easier for these companies to mass produce.

    Either way, no, this intake and NGM's which will be unveiled next week are basic short ram designs. As long as the filter is getting fresh air from the OEM air ducting, that's the most important part.
    Any photos of the ones being unveiled next week? Lol I don't want to buy the Greddy and have remorse if I see those and want them more lol

    Firemedix - Lakeland, FL
    Firemedix
    Lakeland, FL

    '96 Ford Bronco XLT
    '03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
    '18 Kia Stinger 2.0 Premium (Micro Blue/Black Int.)

 

 
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •