Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New from Belgium, Europe

Mac500

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
Hi, I've just ordered my Stinger GT today. It is the AWD version in panthera metal and black interior.

Delivery period is 6 months so will be september that the car will be delivered.

Thanks to this forum I managed to find a lot of information to help me make my decision.

Looking forward to the arrival of the car by the end of August.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard!
Congrats on the new purchase. Make sure to keep us updated on the progress of the delivery and post some photos when it arrives

OP
M

Mac500

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
Thread Starter #3
Welcome aboard!
Congrats on the new purchase. Make sure to keep us updated on the progress of the delivery and post some photos when it arrives
Sure, will do

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Welcome to the forum

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
It is the AWD version in panthera metal with black interior
You have good taste in color choices, Sir. I would have picked red interior but you still did good! Congrats and welcome!

OP
M

Mac500

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
Thread Starter #7
You have good taste in color choices, Sir. I would have picked red interior but you still did good! Congrats and welcome!
Thanks. At the dealership the salesguy prefered the white color but as I will be driving this car to customers I don't want it to be too agressive so I think the panthera metal is an excellent choice.

I was thinking to take the red leather first but then I started doubting and so I took the black leather in the end. My current car has also a black headlining and a black leather interior but no sunroof so the car is pretty dark in winter times etc .. but the Stinger has a sunroof so much more light will enter the interior and so the black interior shouldn't be a problem.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thanks. At the dealership the salesguy prefered the white color but as I will be driving this car to customers I don't want it to be too agressive so I think the panthera metal is an excellent choice.

I was thinking to take the red leather first but then I started doubting and so I took the black leather in the end. My current car has also a black headlining and a black leather interior but no sunroof so the car is pretty dark in winter times etc .. but the Stinger has a sunroof so much more light will enter the interior and so the black interior shouldn't be a problem.
Conservative cars are the norm when it comes to company cars and having clients in them. The P2M and black interior is perfect for that. Imagine pulling up in the Pearl White you stated and then having the red interior LOL still a good choice overall

OP
M

Mac500

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
Thread Starter #9
Conservative cars are the norm when it comes to company cars and having clients in them. The P2M and black interior is perfect for that. Imagine pulling up in the Pearl White you stated and then having the red interior LOL still a good choice overall
Yeah that would be something. Some of my customers wouldn't care but others wouldn't like it. Can't wait until it arrives...

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Welcome!

Wow, that's a long wait!! Gives you plenty of time to check out others Stingers :)

-Paul

OP
M

Mac500

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
Thread Starter #11
Welcome!

Wow, that's a long wait!! Gives you plenty of time to check out others Stingers :)

-Paul
Yeah, 6 months is a long waiting time but it will pass rather quickly I hope. 5 years ago I waited for 9 months on my current car so 6 months should be ok :)

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hi, I've just ordered my Stinger GT today. It is the AWD version in panthera metal and black interior.

Delivery period is 6 months so will be september that the car will be delivered.

Thanks to this forum I managed to find a lot of information to help me make my decision.

Looking forward to the arrival of the car by the end of August.
I don't think I have the patience to wait 6 months lol. Did you order anything special?

OP
M

Mac500

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
Thread Starter #13
I don't think I have the patience to wait 6 months lol. Did you order anything special?
nope, over here this is the normal ordering delay. Dealer told me the car is being produced at Kia in South Korea and production time is 3 to 4 months and then there's 2 months for the transportation. Apparently 2 weeks for getting the car through customs on the boat, then 1 month travel on the boat itself and then I will be arriving in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, where it will take 2 weeks again to get through customs over there and then still a few days to ship it from the Netherlands to Belgium :)

I didn't order anything special as here in Belgium we can't. There is only choice between the diesel (GT-Line) with RWD or AWD, the 2.0 petrol (GT-Line) with RWD or the 3.3 GT with AWD but all equipment is identical for all models except that the GT has the special 19" alloy wheels, brembo brakes, nappa leather, etc ... And we can only order 2 options : metalic color and the panoramic roof. And there's black, grey or red leather.

Really looking forward to the end of the summer as my sisters husband's audi s4 arrived today and so he has his new toy allready :-D

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
nope, over here this is the normal ordering delay. Dealer told me the car is being produced at Kia in South Korea and production time is 3 to 4 months and then there's 2 months for the transportation. Apparently 2 weeks for getting the car through customs on the boat, then 1 month travel on the boat itself and then I will be arriving in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, where it will take 2 weeks again to get through customs over there and then still a few days to ship it from the Netherlands to Belgium :)

I didn't order anything special as here in Belgium we can't. There is only choice between the diesel (GT-Line) with RWD or AWD, the 2.0 petrol (GT-Line) with RWD or the 3.3 GT with AWD but all equipment is identical for all models except that the GT has the special 19" alloy wheels, brembo brakes, nappa leather, etc ... And we can only order 2 options : metalic color and the panoramic roof. And there's black, grey or red leather.

Really looking forward to the end of the summer as my sisters husband's audi s4 arrived today and so he has his new toy allready :-D
Interesting and something we take for granted in the US. Summer is going to come sooner than you think and it'll be worth the wait.[cheers]

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0l Premium
Welcome.

Firemedix
Lakeland, FL

'96 Ford Bronco XLT
'03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
'18 Kia Stinger 2.0 Premium (Micro Blue)

Bosander

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
What I Drive
2011 BMW 520
New member here too and also from Belgium. And likewise, I bought my Stinger in Februari (Deep Chroma Blue with black interior). Delivery is expected by the end of July.
And believe it or not but this forum helped a lot in taking the decision to change cars (currently driving a 2011 BMW 520 break)

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0l Premium
New member here too and also from Belgium. And likewise, I bought my Stinger in Februari (Deep Chroma Blue with black interior). Delivery is expected by the end of July.
And believe it or not but this forum helped a lot in taking the decision to change cars (currently driving a 2011 BMW 520 break)
Welcome!

Firemedix
Lakeland, FL

'96 Ford Bronco XLT
'03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
'18 Kia Stinger 2.0 Premium (Micro Blue)

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Welcome [MENTION=692]Bosander[/MENTION] did you get the 2.0 or 3.3?

Bosander

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
What I Drive
2011 BMW 520
2.2 Diesel AWD. Would have loved to buy the 3.3 but Belgium Government charges an extra ? 9.700 US dollar just to register the car... (while the diesel is "only" ? 2000 US dollar registration tax)

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
2.2 Diesel AWD. Would have loved to buy the 3.3 but Belgium Government charges an extra ? 9.700 US dollar just to register the car... (while the diesel is "only" ? 2000 US dollar registration tax)
You guys are lucky to get the diesel, I would have gotten that if it was available here.