Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who plans on modding their Kia Stinger?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Hi Turbome.

Bigger brakes to curb the powerI hope to produce in the long run. If I go ahead and add 2 x 65mm Borg Warner EFR7168 turbos would add at least another 400hp. Then you need bigger brakes obviously.

Wheels are AVANT GARDE M632. Available in the states at about 2,200 for a set. mine are 19`s and fill out the guards perfectly. I didn't want to add 20`s otherwise stuffs with speedo etc, not to mention more road noise.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Done the wheels, exhaust, chip and bought some body styling parts. Awaiting Brembo to advise on a bigger brake set up 380mm GTR with 6 spot callipers. Borg warner do a scroll turbo but have yet to find out size. Intercooler 800hp available almost here in Australia. No one seems to want to touch the engine as in a full strip down and re build.
I really like your idea of the Stinger decal on the side.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
I hope this stinger is coming out in 2019 with 2 options. the Genesis V8 and up rated 3.3 twin turbo pushing 450hp

Attachments

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Anyone add the rear glass convo light yet. I added mine yesterday and looks sweet. A bit of a pain to wire though as runs through the drain under the back window

Attachments

Memphis

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Done the wheels, exhaust, chip and bought some body styling parts. Awaiting Brembo to advise on a bigger brake set up 380mm GTR with 6 spot callipers. Borg warner do a scroll turbo but have yet to find out size. Intercooler 800hp available almost here in Australia. No one seems to want to touch the engine as in a full strip down and re build.
What wheels are those? Look great.
Nevermind should have kept reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Anyone add the rear glass convo light yet. I added mine yesterday and looks sweet. A bit of a pain to wire though as runs through the drain under the back window
Was it easy to install? Where was the power source you tapped into?

Memphis

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hi Turbome.

Bigger brakes to curb the powerI hope to produce in the long run. If I go ahead and add 2 x 65mm Borg Warner EFR7168 turbos would add at least another 400hp. Then you need bigger brakes obviously.

Wheels are AVANT GARDE M632. Available in the states at about 2,200 for a set. mine are 19`s and fill out the guards perfectly. I didn't want to add 20`s otherwise stuffs with speedo etc, not to mention more road noise.
What are the width of the wheels? And can you provide more angles of the car?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Yes super easy to install. Just a bit of measuring and checking distancing is correct. Wiring is another issue. You can either tap into the existing wiring with a bit of silicon as there is a rubber grommet there for the rear power lid or drill a small hole and add a new small water proof grommet . Cables were a bit short as well which was a pain. The lights (when brakes touched ) are a bit like KITT so start off dim then as the brakes touched harder get darker.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Can you start a build thread? Would love to follow your build.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Hi [MENTION=500]Philsting[/MENTION] Thanks for posting this. I just received mine and am thinking of painting it to match my SWP GT2 but may not now that I see yours. With a gap already between the roof and another 3-4" hatch cover (not sure what to call that piece), I think if I paint mine it will look clunky with too many gaps. Darker color cars will probably benefit from painting it, but I don't think SWP warrants it.

Cheers mate!

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Hey everyone... all my attempts to translate the attached instructions from Korean have not yielded much value. My question to the group is anyone familiar with the wiring for the third brake light at the top of the rear window? I remove the innerhousing and there appears to be only two wires going to that brake light; a pink wire and a black wire. My assumption is the pink wire is the actual break activation wire and the black wire is negative.

The LED light in the new spoiler actually has 3 wires. My assumption is that one is positive, one is negative, and the third is the actual brake light activation wire. What I tie both the positive and brake light wire together?