Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who plans on modding their Kia Stinger?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Magnuson Moss warranty act my friend.

As for mods:
1) intake
2) exhaust
3) intercooler
4) exhaust
5) Flash

I plan to do stages in that order and put on the rollers to get data. Dyno's dont lie! :)

Probably won't touch it honestly. Bone stock and a 10yr/100k doesn't sound bad at all. However, I did come across a 300 SRT8 and a Chevy SS the other day. Boy do I have a decision to make...[???:)]

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Anyone thought of doing a catch can install?

C4RN4GE

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
03 Turbo IS300, 16' Optima EX daily
From what I've seen from following Pross_garage on Instagram. Just a Downpipe, Exhaust and Tune should net you right around 400-413whp on the V6TT. Not sure if this was a RWD or AWD.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
So as of now we have a cold air intake, exhaust, piggy-back tune, lowering springs that's available.

We still need downpipe, coilovers, custom flash tune, larger intercooler, catch can and maybe big turbo.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
So as of now we have a cold air intake, exhaust, piggy-back tune, lowering springs that's available.

We still need downpipe, coilovers, custom flash tune, larger intercooler, catch can and maybe big turbo.
Hopefully [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] will be adding some of those parts soon.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Definately Dan. We are rolling it up on dyno Monday for some base power and afr measurements. We have design worked out for a good cai. Intercooler has been drawn up. Core size is 680x320x100. Its a light weight tube n fin core that we have had excellent sucess with. Currently used on fastest SA street cars running low 8sec ets. I ran the same core on my turbo Ford G6e. It went 10.7@133mph with totally stock engine and trans. Tuning is looking to be the hard bit atm. Have msgd Lap3 about their chip. We have 98 octane fuel in Australia though. Plans are to put the Stinger on E85 eventually. We start fabbing the twin 3" turbo back system next week with 100cell cats...Heres a pic of my Ford for you guys in States

Attachments

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Definately Dan. We are rolling it up on dyno Monday for some base power and afr measurements. We have design worked out for a good cai. Intercooler has been drawn up. Core size is 680x320x100. Its a light weight tube n fin core that we have had excellent sucess with. Currently used on fastest SA street cars running low 8sec ets. I ran the same core on my turbo Ford G6e. It went 10.7@133mph with totally stock engine and trans. Tuning is looking to be the hard bit atm. Have msgd Lap3 about their chip. We have 98 octane fuel in Australia though. Plans are to put the Stinger on E85 eventually. We start fabbing the twin 3" turbo back system next week with 100cell cats...Heres a pic of my Ford for you guys in States
Quick question [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]. Do you see any part fitment issues between the RHD Stinger and LHD Stinger?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive

Sweet ride. I'm glad you brought up plans to go E85, I ran E85 on my Focus ST and its hard to revert back. Keep us updated with your progress.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Quick question [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]. Do you see any part fitment issues between the RHD Stinger and LHD Stinger?
Only difference i can see will be the turbo down pipes. I know Kia had to change a bit to suit for Australia. Apart from that identicle ????

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Sweet ride. I'm glad you brought up plans to go E85, I ran E85 on my Focus ST and its hard to revert back. Keep us updated with your progress.
E85 is the best. Took power on my G6 from 355rwkw to 446rwkw. Looking into tuning software atm. Sent some pics of pcm of to my software guru. Hopefully we can do full tailored pcm reflash soon aswell

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
Hopefully we can do full tailored pcm reflash soon aswell
You just made my day.[twothumb]

Another quick question for you. Can you let me know if the exhaust tips are part of the rear valance or does it actually connect to the exhaust?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Just part of rear valance. Nothing to do with exhaust at all

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Done the wheels, exhaust, chip and bought some body styling parts. Awaiting Brembo to advise on a bigger brake set up 380mm GTR with 6 spot callipers. Borg warner do a scroll turbo but have yet to find out size. Intercooler 800hp available almost here in Australia. No one seems to want to touch the engine as in a full strip down and re build.

Attachments

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Done the wheels, exhaust, chip and bought some body styling parts. Awaiting Brembo to advise on a bigger brake set up 380mm GTR with 6 spot callipers. Borg warner do a scroll turbo but have yet to find out size. Intercooler 800hp available almost here in Australia. No one seems to want to touch the engine as in a full strip down and re build.
Where did you get that big Stinger decal from?

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I don't care for white cars, but that one is sweeeet! [twothumb]

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Beautiful wheel setup - what are they? Thanks and she's looking great!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Why do you need bigger brakes? Wheel rendering looks good, what brand is that?