Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How To: Install LAP3 on 2.0 Stinger

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
So I finally got around to uploading pics of installing the LAP3 on the 2.0 Stinger. I have a review and a kind of installation write up on here already. I wanted to make sure there was no confusion as to how to instal this simple mod. On to the installation:

Materials Needed:

Zip Ties
Double-Sided 3m Tape
5 minutes of your precious time

First, here is a very dirty picture of the engine bay of the 2.0 Stinger:

As you can see, there?s plenty of room for activities! You?ll also notice if you look closer, the engine is mounted longitudinallly. We will be focusing on the DRIVER side of the engine compartment. Remove the engine cover (just pull up with some force).

Next, there are just 2, 4 clip prongs you need to unhook. You can do this in any order. The first one I unhooked was on the intercooler piping:

And a nice close up:

Go ahead and plug the ORANGE LAP3 connector into the intercooler prong. Then, take the connector that you unhooked and plug it into the supplied LAP3 black prong.

Perfect. You?re half way to new found power!

The second connector is under the engine cover. It is still located on the DRIVERS side, but this connection is on the top of the engine. It is under some wires so you will have to do some digging. Just look for the connection that is held there by 2 bolts:

And another close up:

Unplug that wire, plug in the ORANGE LAP3 connector, connect the hanging wires together, and you?re all done!

I?m not going to go over where to zip tie the wires to, because there is an infinite amount of possibilities. Just remember that plug to the intercooler makes the LAP3 wires get close to the belts. I had one rubbing against it and it freaked me and the car out. Just make sure to keep them away from the front of the engine.

Mounting the LAP3 is also up to you and your creativity. I used 3m double stick hanging tape and put it right on the wheel well:

I might end up moving it to a different location, but I was too excited to drive it. I?ve seen people make little enclosures for it, which looked pretty cool. Just make sure to keep it away from anywhere that water flies up into.

That?s it! Enjoy your new found power and keeping up with STIs, Rs, etc.! This is very, very simple mod to do. It literally takes 5 minutes! I?ve had it on for the last 300 miles and haven?t had any problems.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Great job [MENTION=441]Marty17[/MENTION], thank for the write-up.[twothumb]

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Fantastic write up!

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0l Premium
So I have my lap3 Uncle chip and I believe I have the wrong wires. One plug is great and fits. The other has the wrong set of prongs. Hopefully I can figure this one out lol

Firemedix - Lakeland, FL

'96 Ford Bronco XLT
'03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
'18 Kia Stinger 2.0 Premium (Micro Blue)

Last edited: