Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What Tune are you using on your Kia Stinger?

What Tune are you using on your Kia Stinger?

• LAP3 / Pross

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • RaceChip

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Byte Tronik

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delicious Tuning

• Burger Motorsports

Votes: 40 53.3%
  • Unichip

• Vivid Racing

• Keen

• Tork Motorsports

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Dyno-Comp

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Soooo, how's everyone feeling about their tunes?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
You can tell that everyone has their cars now because no one comes back here to talk anymore. LMBO

The majority have gone with the RaceChip. Is this because of the controllable nature of it through the app as opposed to a set ECU tune?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
FYI: I heard back from Burger Motorsports sales that JB4 is not available for sale within California due to California's emissions regulations. I will need to confirm that Lap3 and RaceChip are available.

T-GDi

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
FYI: I heard back from Burger Motorsports sales that JB4 is not available for sale within California due to California's emissions regulations. I will need to confirm that Lap3 and RaceChip are available.
A friend from the BMW community told me that they had a huge problem with the authorities. They automatically deleted check engine lights every three seconds. That's why I would never buy a product from them (even if they stopped doing this, which is probably the case). For me it's a safety issue, but for the authorities it was just an emissions issue. They paid their fine and promised to not sell their products to California anymore.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
A friend from the BMW community told me that they had a huge problem with the authorities. They automatically deleted check engine lights every three seconds. That's why I would never buy a product from them (even if they stopped doing this, which is probably the case). For me it's a safety issue, but for the authorities it was just an emissions issue. They paid their fine and promised to not sell their products to California anymore.
That sounds like other modifications wer done to the car (likely catless downpipes). I have a jb4 on my BMW, with no changes to the exhaust system. No check engine lights and can pass Illinois emissions when the system is off.

I'm really happy with jb4, would likely add one to a Stinger when I get one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I'm super happy with mine. LOL

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hey, who is running with the TORK tune???

I want to hear from you!!!!!

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Anyone know if their tune is locked to the vin or you can sell it afterwards if you get the spare ecu?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Anyone know if their tune is locked to the vin or you can sell it afterwards if you get the spare ecu?
It is keyed to your VIN.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I'm going with the JB4, just ordered it, should be here by Friday. Looking forward to it. [rofl]

I got it installed and I do have to say WOW what a difference, I'm impressed with it. I've never chip one of my cars before, I guess I was missing out all these years. [rockon]

Last edited:

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Doubt it as I don't see any distributors for the US. Maybe our friends from across the pond have more experience with the company.

The box itself looks somewhat similar to the Racechip one, however judging from the videos and description on the website, functionality/feature wise, it is still behind the JB4.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Ok pulled trigger on jb4 and plugs from Sal...
Be here in couple days. I read a book between forums and Terry's n54 page. Price, support, logging, ease to remove for service, firmware updates and user feedback is what made my decision. For me it became a no brainer!

Assuming there is a link in instructions for firmware update? The feedback on v7 looks so good! Excited to get it going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
Ok pulled trigger on jb4 and plugs from Sal...
Be here in couple days. I read a book between forums and Terry's n54 page. Price, support, logging, ease to remove for service, firmware updates and user feedback is what made my decision. For me it became a no brainer!

Assuming there is a link in instructions for firmware update? The feedback on v7 looks so good! Excited to get it going.

http://www.jb4connectkit.com/store/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=10

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I have Racechip but I should have went with JB4

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I have Racechip but I should have went with JB4
Not enough flexibility with it, or what is your thinking on it?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Not enough flexibility with it, or what is your thinking on it?

Yeah found out it doesn't support different fuel types.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
JB4 comes Tuesday but have to go into dealer so have to wait...errg:)

Question: it's my understanding that the fuel wires connect to the O2 sensor side wires. Anyone thought of buying a second O2 sensor and wire harness for eaiser removal, or would it be?