Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Delicious Tuning - Kia Stinger Tuning and Dyno Charts

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black
Yup, most people forget quoted HP is "BHP", "Brake Horsepower," the power available at the engine (counter-intuitive naming, I know). That power has to travel through the drivetrain, so you'll naturally have some dropoff at the wheels, "WHP" (Wheel Horsepower). As said, typical loss is around 15%, 365 BHP * .85 = 310.25, so 311 WHP looks like it's right on the money.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Yup, most people forget quoted HP is "BHP", "Brake Horsepower," the power available at the engine (counter-intuitive naming, I know). That power has to travel through the drivetrain, so you'll naturally have some dropoff at the wheels, "WHP" (Wheel Horsepower). As said, typical loss is around 15%, 365 BHP * .85 = 310.25, so 311 WHP looks like it's right on the money.
And there's more loss for AWD (AWHP) than rear-wheel-drive (RWHP).

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia Optima SX-T
If you really want the results to be repeatable and consistent, you also need to log and monitor OBDII channels and try to start all dyno runs sequences at the same engine coolant temp and intake air temp. Turbo cars generate a ton of heat from run to run, and cars like these with air to air intercoolers are not usually very repeatable due to changes in intake air temp and coolant temp from run to run. As the ECU sees these things, it may reduce timing, boost or even change fueling parameters. There's a lot to try to control or keep from being variable.

OP
DeliciousTuning
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Porsche Turbo
Thread Starter #25
We added a couple more dyno charts and will be getting the last dyno chart up today.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Would be nice to know more about the product than just dyno charts.

OP
DeliciousTuning
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Porsche Turbo
Thread Starter #27
Added the final dyno charts we have so far and a quick concept of the smartphone app that will allow the user to switch between different tunes. More to come on the Boost_Tuner System soon...

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Does valet mode just cut the power?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
so mysterious...I am thoroughly intrigued!

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hey first post here and whatnot, but if I did the numbers correctly the highest boost level would equate to about 440HP at the engine (as opposed to the stock 365HP). Just for an apples to apples comparison of published Kia numbers.

Not bad... not bad at all.

How is the drivetrain going to do with the added power?

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
Hey first post here and whatnot, but if I did the numbers correctly the highest boost level would equate to about 440HP at the engine (as opposed to the stock 365HP). Just for an apples to apples comparison of published Kia numbers.

Not bad... not bad at all.

How is the drivetrain going to do with the added power?
Welcome to the forum--lots of great info and helpful members on these boards! Not sure on the 2.0, but I believe the 3.3 has forged internals. For sure the tranny can take it--it's the same tranny behind the K900 and Genesis full-size cars.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum--lots of great info and helpful members on these boards! Not sure on the 2.0, but I believe the 3.3 has forged internals. For sure the tranny can take it--it's the same tranny behind the K900 and Genesis full-size cars.
Can we find out about the 2.0 tranny. This chip is something I'm definitely interested in but don't want to ruin the transmission.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Can we find out about the 2.0 tranny. This chip is something I'm definitely interested in but don't want to ruin the transmission.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
It?s the same tranny in the 3.3t and can easily handle the extra power

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
dealer
is this available for purchase yet?

Reactions
State