Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Byte Tronik Piggy-back Tune

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Another tuning option for the Kia Stinger, Bytetronik BT-1 Piggyback $375.99

https://www.bytetronik.com/services/kia-performance-parts/

From the Concept 3 website
The Bytetronik Tuner 1 (BT1) is for Hyundai / Kia Turbo Vehicles.

Working in conjunction with the leading tuning companies in the market, we have developed this amazing for the Hyundai / Kia enthusiasts. This plug and play tuner attaches to two easy to access sensors in the engine bay and works with your factory DME tuning to remap your boost, timing, and fueling for optimal performance and reduced turbo lag. It features a 64mhz processor allowing sensors to be sampled 800 times per second using dedicated 10 bit digital to analog converters, ensuring smooth and powerful performance. In order for this device to operate safely and reliably, we highly recommend that you use PREMIUM FUEL ONLY (91 Octane or higher).

Based on our dyno testing on a bone stock 2013 Kia Optima Turbo, Power gains are up to 42 horsepower and 58 torque (+40hp and +58tq at the wheels) while running on Shell 91 Octane.

Installation is very discrete and no cutting or splicing is required on the OEM harness. The entire installation process takes about ten minutes. Fuel economy during normal driving is unchanged, and it is compatible with all driving modes.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Gonna be time for a dyno testing round-up at this rate!

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Those are really good gains for something that costs less than $400.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Good to see another option. Cant wait to see the dyno charts.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Wonder why a Catch Can is required.

Vehicle Requirements :
  • ?Minimum 1 oil catch can
  • Upgraded spark plugs (Recommend HKS spark plugs)
  • Premium Fuel Only (91 Octane or higher)

Concept-3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima
Good Afternoon Folks,
Thank you guy's for interested in the ByteTronik Unit, we at Concept-3 worked together with ByteTronik to bring out a affordable, but reliable tuning option for the KDM market. We have dyno tested on the Kia Optimas, but we haven't tested on the Stinger, due to it's being not our personal vehicle, and we weren't allowed to abuse the car to much. We will dyno test when we do have access to a Stinger, and a AWD dyno. But with math calculations with the BT1 set at 3psi increase over stock boost, you should see a average additional 30whp, using 91 octane, we only recommend using 91 octane. If you guy's have further interested in this product, we have them at our location, with other stuff for the Stinger as well.

Concept-3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima
Wonder why a Catch Can is required.
we always recommend 1 catch can, cause the turbo creates a lot of blowby oil that can pass through the motor, which in the future can harm the engine. It's nice to have to make your engine life extended, also with LAP3 products as well, they recommend catch can's as well.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Good Afternoon Folks,
Thank you guy's for interested in the ByteTronik Unit, we at Concept-3 worked together with ByteTronik to bring out a affordable, but reliable tuning option for the KDM market. We have dyno tested on the Kia Optimas, but we haven't tested on the Stinger, due to it's being not our personal vehicle, and we weren't allowed to abuse the car to much. We will dyno test when we do have access to a Stinger, and a AWD dyno. But with math calculations with the BT1 set at 3psi increase over stock boost, you should see a average additional 30whp, using 91 octane, we only recommend using 91 octane. If you guy's have further interested in this product, we have them at our location, with other stuff for the Stinger as well.
Welcome to the forum guys.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Good Afternoon Folks,
Great to see you guys on here. Is this just for the 3.3t?

Concept-3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima
Great to see you guys on here. Is this just for the 3.3t?
no sir, we have tested on the 2.0T as well, but we have set that vehicle only to 2.5psi over stock, just to be safe, until we can set it on a Dyno as well.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
When do you think the dyno will be ready for the GT2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shtinger

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited AWD
Does this do anything to the flash counter? Worried about warranty...
Thanks!

Concept-3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima
Does this do anything to the flash counter? Worried about warranty...
Thanks!
no sir nothing with the flash counter, we are only taping into factory plugs and reconnecting the same style plug into the map sensors. the ecu doesn't even know that the piggy back is even there.

Concept-3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima
When do you think the dyno will be ready for the GT2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
when we have access to a awd dyno, thinking end of the month to early next month sir.

Shtinger

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited AWD
Excited for awd dyno! See if you can get it done sooner (just kidding) please and thank you!

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
when we have access to a awd dyno, thinking end of the month to early next month sir.
What gains are you expecting to the wheels?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
no sir, we have tested on the 2.0T as well, but we have set that vehicle only to 2.5psi over stock, just to be safe, until we can set it on a Dyno as well.
So, is this chip adjustable for the PSI settings? (ie-changeable to boost to different levels)