Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Byte Tronik Piggy-back Tune

Concept-3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima

Concept-3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima
So, is this chip adjustable for the PSI settings? (ie-changeable to boost to different levels)
you can purchase a data cable, and download the bt1 program into your laptop, plug the unit it and change it from .5 psi over stock to 5psi... in .5 increments.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
you can purchase a data cable, and download the bt1 program into your laptop, plug the unit it and change it from .5 psi over stock to 5psi... in .5 increments.
Do you have plans on allowing more than 5psi max? The 3.3LTT engine only pushes 9psi+/- factory and I'd love to have the ability to push it a little harder than 15psi on occasion. LOL

English D

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
so GT has what 2 map sensors? so do you need 2 units

Concept-3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima
Do you have plans on allowing more than 5psi max? The 3.3LTT engine only pushes 9psi+/- factory and I'd love to have the ability to push it a little harder than 15psi on occasion. LOL
at the moment we won't know, due to how much the motor can take boost pressure to the point before blowing up lol.

Concept-3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima
so GT has what 2 map sensors? so do you need 2 units
no sir, the bt1, takes over the before map sensor, and after intake manifold map sensors, which makes more of a accurate on tricking the ecu with boost levels...

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
at the moment we won't know, due to how much the motor can take boost pressure to the point before blowing up lol.
Well, I know that the Kia racing team pushes the 2.0 to about 22-24psi.

After reading much of the research from a few of the other guys moding the Stinger, I can't believe that the 3.3 won't handle 20+psi. Many companies push over 20psi from the factory (WRX STI, Evolution, Alfa Giulia).

There's just so much untapped potential in this drive train! LOL

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
Im excited to see the data, i'm shopping around right now. 3.3L

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
I'd love to know what sort of gains you are expecting from the 2.0 at 91 octane. The 2.0 is fun, but would LOVE a bit more oomph. :)

Concept-3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima
Well, I know that the Kia racing team pushes the 2.0 to about 22-24psi.

After reading much if the research from a fee of the other guys moding the Stinger, I can't believe that the 3.3 won't handle 20+psi. Many companies push over 20psi from the factory (WRX STI, Evolution, Alfa Giulia).

There's just so much untapped potential in this drive train! LOL

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Basically this new 3.3l platform hasn't been fully tested out yet. Yes we aren't pushing high boost at the moment on 3.3l cause kia hasn't hit the peak abuse tolerance level yet. On the 2.0t on my personal optima I'm running about 23psi, but lol I've also blown 4 engines. I want to say in about 2-3 years the 3.3l motor will be fully tested, rebuilt to take more and will be the new high power power plant for the kia platform

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Concept-3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima
I'd love to know what sort of gains you are expecting from the 2.0 at 91 octane. The 2.0 is fun, but would LOVE a bit more oomph. :)
Yes sir the moment we test this... we will post results

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
I?m shipping around... so waiting for dynos as well, but excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
[MENTION=534]Concept-3[/MENTION] any updates on the dynos yet?

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
Hi there, [MENTION=534]Concept-3[/MENTION]! Have you guys had a chance to test the BT-1 on a Stinger strapped to a dyno yet? :)