Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Which drive mode do you prefer the most?

Which Drive Mode do you prefer the most?

• Smart

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • ECO

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Comfort

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Sport

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Which Drive Mode do you prefer the most in your Kia Stinger?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Now that I have my Uncle chip installed, I only use Sport mode. I set Custom mode to mirror Sport with the exception of the suspension, which is set to Comfort. If I'm driving somewhere with rough roads I'll flick it to Custom, to keep the power but smooth out the ride a bit.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I thought there was only one mode...Sport[burnout]

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Eco, switching to Sport , when/where desired, for short "bursts".

rockinray

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
I use Comfort and switch to Sport. I really should use ECO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black
I've been considering the Uncle chip, do you really need 2 of them? How easy/hard was it to install and what do you use to hold everything down? Can I just take everything out and go back to stock if it needs servicing?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I've been considering the Uncle chip, do you really need 2 of them? How easy/hard was it to install and what do you use to hold everything down? Can I just take everything out and go back to stock if it needs servicing?
You can't run two chips. One chip runs the engine. There's another thread with a video on the 90 second installation. Yes, it just unclip the harness and take it out to go to the dealer.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
You can't run two chips. One chip runs the engine. There's another thread with a video on the 90 second installation. Yes, it just unclip the harness and take it out to go to the dealer.
So no warranty void or anything? Nothing where they can tell I've been using it?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
So no warranty void or anything? Nothing where they can tell I've been using it?
Correct. Because it's a piggyback, it's undetectable. All it's doing is sending the same signals to the ECU that it's already getting, just adjusted to make it think that the boost is lower than it really is. As long as you don't have it permanently strapped to the engine compartment somewhere that you can't remove it easily. LOL

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Correct. Because it's a piggyback, it's undetectable. All it's doing is sending the same signals to the ECU that it's already getting, just adjusted to make it think that the boost is lower than it really is. As long as you don't have it permanently strapped to the engine compartment somewhere that you can't remove it easily. LOL
Thanks for the info. Don't think I want to completely take the risk for now so I think I'll hold off. That 10/100k is really nice :p

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Im too poor to have gotten the gt :( need to do more research on this chip but can it be used in the 2.0T?

Two seconds of research I answered my own question. Has anyone used it on the 2.0?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Im too poor to have gotten the gt :( need to do more research on this chip but can it be used in the 2.0T?

Two seconds of research I answered my own question. Has anyone used it on the 2.0?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Only on the 3.3t so far.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I don't have a Stinger yet. And I didn't vote because, depending on the situation, I'd be going through all the modes. If I commuted I'd be using Eco mode. General driving comfort mode obviously for comfort but also to take it easy on the structure to keep squeeks and rattles to a minimum. Sport mode for back roads or the track. And what do I do with smart mode??? :)

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Smart mode allows you to customize the various parameters available such as shifting, ride stiffness, steering sensitivity into a combination of your choice.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Smart mode allows you to customize the various parameters available such as shifting, ride stiffness, steering sensitivity into a combination of your choice.
I thought that was custom mode. I was thinking smart mode was the cars computer adjusting things to what it thought the driver might need but I really don't know.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
For those of you who only drive in sport mode, how is your gas mileage? Particularly on the highway? I read somewhere that the car won't go into 8th gear when in sport mode. Is that true?

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
I thought that was custom mode. I was thinking smart mode was the cars computer adjusting things to what it thought the driver might need but I really don't know.
Yes, Custom is customizable, Smart is the car learning and adapting.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
For those of you who only drive in sport mode, how is your gas mileage? Particularly on the highway? I read somewhere that the car won't go into 8th gear when in sport mode. Is that true?
Your gas mileage will 100% take a hit from only driving in sport mode. Sport mode stays in each gear longer, so you won't hit 8th gear unless you're cruising at a cool 90-95mph. 75-85 or so is 7th gear.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Your gas mileage will 100% take a hit from only driving in sport mode. Sport mode stays in each gear longer, so you won't hit 8th gear unless you're cruising at a cool 90-95mph. 75-85 or so is 7th gear.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Correct, but you can use the paddle and lock in 8th. I do this and the RPMs drop to the same level they do using Comfort.

As for mileage, on my last trip I hit 28 mpg, strictly in sport, while cruising 75-80.