Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Can I increase my outside diameter by 1"?

AKStinger

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 awd
I live in Anchorage AK, and at the top of a steep, icy hill at that. I have always had studs on my DD during the winter as a result of that. I had Blizzaks on my audi RS4, and couldn't make it up my driveway in the worst conditions. I definitely want to get a set of winter rims and tires for my new GT2, the staggered 19s and Michelin pilot sports are coming off the day it finally gets here. After doing a lot of research, I should be able to go to an 18" rim (I know, I know, it's heresy, but it's just for winter survival mode driving) and have a much better selection of winter tires. Unfortunately, I can't find a studded tire in the factory 225/45r 18 size. I can, however find studded tires in 225/50r 18. This would increase my OD by .9" to 26.858" (vs. 25.972"). Does anyone know if this would create any real problems, aside from slight variation in speedo?
Thanks, and I appreciate any input!
Jeff

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
According to Discount Tire you can go as wide as 225/50/R18

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
variation will be minimal and you should be able to for the 50 profile tire without issue in your factory wheel.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Performance Tuning 7