Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Testing Out The Harman Kardon Sound System in the 2018 Kia Stinger GT2

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I know its a youtube video but still some cool to watch haha.
[video=youtube;23bDMqHH5lM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23bDMqHH5lM[/video]

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Kind of hard to get the feel of the bass from that video.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
Hey youse guys. Opinion here: the Stinger's 15 speaker HK sound system is the best OEM system I have ever heard in a car. Smooth. Balanced, and no clipping until the highest volume setting. The tone controls could use a few more frequencies, but the bass, midrange and highs are good enough for me to be listening on a regular basis via my HTC10 (Which has audiophile quality 24 bit D/A conversion for the 3mm output) with Spotify (also set to 256 kb streaming). I do this in traffic while commuting. When not in traffic, I prefer to listen to the car, which makes even finer music.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger / 2017 Camaro SS
Hey youse guys. Opinion here: the Stinger's 15 speaker HK sound system is the best OEM system I have ever heard in a car. Smooth. Balanced, and no clipping until the highest volume setting. The tone controls could use a few more frequencies, but the bass, midrange and highs are good enough for me to be listening on a regular basis via my HTC10 (Which has audiophile quality 24 bit D/A conversion for the 3mm output) with Spotify (also set to 256 kb streaming). I do this in traffic while commuting. When not in traffic, I prefer to listen to the car, which makes even finer music.
I tend to agree.. also, if you go into the advanced settings there are some really cool surround sound options that make it even better. This is hands down better than the B&O system in the Audi S5 Sportback that I tested.. that system lacks bass because the one large subwoofer is in the trunk by the spare tire... garbage.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black
I'll throw in my two cents. The BMW I came from also had a HK system, similar to what the Stinger has and I felt the BMW was able to delivery on the bass a bit better, but the mids and highs were much clearer on the Stinger's system. Most likely has to do with the directional distribution of the speakers, but it's nice to have bass that doesn't vibrate the entire neighborhood in order to get good sound. It's not the absolute best OEM sound system in the world, but it's definitely much better than most and very nice.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Funny you mention that, my old 2013 X5 had the best HK system they offered, and this system in the Stinger has much better highs and mids. But like you mentioned, the bass was far superior in the bmw.