Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger has a secondary antenna on the rear window that may be affected by window tint

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Just a heads up if you guys plan on adding window tint to the rear windows as certain films can affect the reception to the rear window antenna.

Glass Antenna
Your vehicle uses a glass antenna to receive both AM and FM signals.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I guess we should stay away from ceramic tint.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Bumping up this thread for those who have taken delivery and are planning on getting their windows tinted.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Typically ceramic tint should not interfere with reception, keyless entry, GPS or AM/FM frequencies. Metallized tint can interfere with the reception though.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Typically ceramic tint should not interfere with reception, keyless entry, GPS or AM/FM frequencies. Metallized tint can interfere with the reception though.
^^THIS!!

Ceramic tint will cause no interference with the signal. Is metallic tint that you should stay away from.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Thanks for the correction, I originally meant metallic from my personal experience with Huper Optik tint, not sure why I wrote ceramic.