Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Tow hook plate mounting?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Are there any plate mounts that screw into the tow hook out there for the stinger? Tried looking around with no luck, any other makes that would fit? I had grimspeed on my wrx and loved it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Are there any plate mounts that screw into the tow hook out there for the stinger? Tried looking around with no luck, any other makes that would fit? I had grimspeed on my wrx and loved it.
I've got the GrimmSpeed ones in stock for the Genesis Coupe and am pretty darn sure it will work on the Stinger. If you'd be willing to give it a try on your car and provide pics that I can use for marketing purposes, I'd be happy to give it to you at a discount. If it doesn't fit, you can send it back for a refund. Let me know if you might have interest!

OP
V
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
I've got the GrimmSpeed ones in stock for the Genesis Coupe and am pretty darn sure it will work on the Stinger. If you'd be willing to give it a try on your car and provide pics that I can use for marketing purposes, I'd be happy to give it to you at a discount. If it doesn't fit, you can send it back for a refund. Let me know if you might have interest!
Absolutely

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
My biggest concern with the tow hook mounting would be interference with the front sensors. I'm not sure which sensor that is directly above the tow hook opening, or just to the left of the intercooler grill, but either could potentially be affected.

OP
V
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
It's a sensor but when I was messing around with the one from the Subaru it could be put low enough to not interfere