Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Tire sizes on the AWD GT's

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I can't find the answer in the manual which is "generic" for all models. One reviewer stated that with the AWD package on the GT models, all 4 tires are the same size. I know this is true for the all-weather tire option on 18" wheels, but what about the AWD with standard tires? Obviously the front/rear are different on the RWD GTs. but can someone who actually owns a GT AWD tell me if the AWD requires same size tires front/rear, or if they are staggered the same as the RWD.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I can't find the answer in the manual which is "generic" for all models. One reviewer stated that with the AWD package on the GT models, all 4 tires are the same size. I know this is true for the all-weather tire option on 18" wheels, but what about the AWD with standard tires? Obviously the front/rear are different on the RWD GTs. but can someone who actually owns a GT AWD tell me if the AWD requires same size tires front/rear, or if they are staggered the same as the RWD.
Hey [MENTION=456]mldavis2[/MENTION], I'll check on this tomorrow for you. I'm pretty sure that they're the same size on all AWD's but I'll verify that in the am.

OP
M
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Thread Starter #3
Bummer. Probably the smaller front tire sizes then. Thanks for checking.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hey [MENTION=456]mldavis2[/MENTION], I'll check on this tomorrow for you. I'm pretty sure that they're the same size on all AWD's but I'll verify that in the am.
Hey [MENTION=456]mldavis2[/MENTION]. Just confirmed.

The AWD with the 19" rims ARE STAGGERED size. 225 ZR on the front and 255 ZR on the rear!

OP
M
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Thread Starter #5
Thanks. There was a misinformed reviewer who apparently had the 18" wheels on the AWD he was testing and thought it applied to the 19" tires as well.