Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How many people put down a deposit on a Kia Stinger?

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
If you've put down a deposit on a Kia Stinger, please let us know how much you've put down as well as an ETA on when your dealer expects the car to arrive.

Marco-Oz

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
If you've put down a deposit on a Kia Stinger, please let us know how much you've put down as well as an ETA on when your dealer expects the car to arrive.
I've put a deposit on one of the first to arrive in Australia Stinger GT's in Snow White at my local dealer (subject to test drive and pricing) and believes it will be "fully loaded", but time will tell what the final specs will be.
The salesman has done some research and the dealership expects it to be priced around the mid to high $50's(AUD) so I've signed a contract for $60,000AUD (Drive Away) . If it's rrp is less than the lesser price will stand.
Contract delivery date is 10/10/17 but was indicative only and could arrive as early as September, fingers crossed.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
That's awesome [MENTION=21]Marco-Oz[/MENTION] and congrats.

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Did the salesman go over all the available options as well as color choices?

I've put a deposit on one of the first to arrive in Australia Stinger GT's in Snow White at my local dealer (subject to test drive and pricing) and believes it will be "fully loaded", but time will tell what the final specs will be.
The salesman has done some research and the dealership expects it to be priced around the mid to high $50's(AUD) so I've signed a contract for $60,000AUD (Drive Away) . If it's rrp is less than the lesser price will stand.
Contract delivery date is 10/10/17 but was indicative only and could arrive as early as September, fingers crossed.

Marco-Oz

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Did the salesman go over all the available options as well as color choices?
The salesman informed me that specs should be similar to what we've already seen and couldn't tell me what if any options will be available at this stage. He will be contacting me when the info becomes available.
Regarding colours he could only confirm to the shades of White and Black and that the colours seen at the Detroit Motor show may be available but unfortunately is also known at a later date. It didn't bother me as I wanted the white and the only other colour that interested me was the light grey colour shown at the unveiling and if it became available than I could change it later.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Congrats! At least now we know there's a minimum of four colors lol. Either way can't wait to find out what information your salesman gives you. I would love to know if Kia plans on offering any type of sports/race seating options.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I tried calling two local dealers today to see if they had any more information. Both told me no, but are willing to take a $500 deposit haha.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
A little more "confirmed"? info from the Australian Kia page.
http://www.kia.com/au/cars/kia-stinger.html#submit
I wonder why you guys down in Australia only get a 7-year warranty, but the unlimited Km is kind of cool.

I do like these options though:
  • Driver Attention Alert (DAA), a Kia first
  • Forward Collision Assistance (FCA)
  • Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
  • Advanced Smart Cruise Control (ASCC)
  • Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
  • Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)

Marco-Oz

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
I wonder why you guys down in Australia only get a 7-year warranty, but the unlimited Km is kind of cool.

I do like these options though:
  • Driver Attention Alert (DAA), a Kia first
  • Forward Collision Assistance (FCA)
  • Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
  • Advanced Smart Cruise Control (ASCC)
  • Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
  • Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
I've thought about that as well, maybe they don't have to prove themselves in or market as much as the US.
Features are awesome and the anticipation is getting the better of me as we get to the pointy end.

Sorento

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
KIA Sorento Executive 2016
In the Nordics and I guess in the rest of Europe you don't have to put down a deposit. You just put down a binding purchase agreement even if the price is unkown. My dealear already sold 5 KIA Stinger.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Optima
I have put down my hard earned on a SWP/Red interior GT

Can't wait. ..........

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Congrats.

I wanted the GT in P2M but they don't make the GT in that so have ordered the D9B with black interior. Seeing it in videos online I'm very happy with my choice.

Did they give you a price/estimate?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Optima
Estimated at 55k drive away. ........

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Estimated at 55k drive away. ........

Hope so, hearing it may be as high as $60k - love the way some metallic paints are standard but the white, dark blue and black are additional $$$......

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Optima
Hope so, hearing it may be as high as $60k - love the way some metallic paints are standard but the white, dark blue and black are additional $$$......
Na it will be way under 60k or they will not sell.

Remember ous will not be fully loaded like they will offer in the USA and Korea.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Na it will be way under 60k or they will not sell.

Remember ous will not be fully loaded like they will offer in the USA and Korea.
Never underestimate the greed of a corporate entity but I tend to agree with you about them being much harder to shift @ over $60k - I wiil walk away (probably) at that price. I have a TRD Aurion which I love but when they first came out in 2008 I recall Toyota had a circa $60k price tag on them. I got mine (#507) for $48k and I would say the first 506 didn't go for $60k either but it took it a while to shift them.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not be fully loaded" though? I've read every document, report and rumour I can get my hands on including Dealer Bulletin K078-2017 and the only difference, assuming we're talking GT, I can see is AWD which I think is an "option" anyway in other markets (and maybe heated seats). Always happy to learn more about the new love of my life (from afar at this stage) if you know more!

Cheers.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Optima
As we alreday know we are not getting the AWD (thats the big cost) but also no heated rear seats, heated stearing wheel and it looks like they also have some kind of display/warning in there rear vision mirror.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
As we alreday know we are not getting the AWD (thats the big cost) but also no heated rear seats, heated stearing wheel and it looks like they also have some kind of display/warning in there rear vision mirror.

WHAT???? No rear heated seat, how am i going to keep my pies warm? Maybe the display in the rear vision mirror is to alert woman drivers Bill Cosby is behind them?

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Anyone in the US or North America put down a deposit yet? My dealer still has very little details.