Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Trunk Space vs the Competition

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
So the biggest draw for me (other than RWD), is the liftback design. Should be convenient for me to load and carry my road bike and golf clubs and other larger items when needed.

The other vehicles on the US market in this configuration are of course the BMW 4 series Gran Coupe, and the Audi A5 Sportback (entering the US market for 2017). I have noticed though that the Stinger's trunk space looks to be more shallow compared to the others which is a little disappointing.

Kia:

BMW:

Audi:

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Very interesting observation. I wonder if Kia has an actual donut underneath versus most dealers offering run flats these days to increase trunk space.

OP
BahamaTodd
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Very interesting observation. I wonder if Kia has an actual donut underneath versus most dealers offering run flats these days to increase trunk space.
That's what I was thinking. However, considering this is based on a platform shared with Genesis sedans, I wold assume it could have been setup to provide good trunk space.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Looks like on the G80 it's not as wide but it is a bit deeper. This could be due to the lower trunk and rear roof line on the Stinger.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Hi [MENTION=19]BahamaTodd[/MENTION] have you seen the Stinger in person yet? West Palm Beach Kia has a red one in their showroom, the trunk doesn't seem as shallow as the pictures.

31c3348ca71bfe21b3817c0c636e892ax.jpg
fb30723cec6fbb5c6b7fbcedd399c30fx.jpg
08944f2db005ea0c8fadcb39b2d35974x.jpg

OP
BahamaTodd
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
Hi [MENTION=19]BahamaTodd[/MENTION] have you seen the Stinger in person yet? West Palm Beach Kia has a red one in their showroom, the trunk doesn't seem as shallow as the pictures.
I live in Jupiter, so the Kia on Northlake is closer to me. They are supposed to receive their display model soon.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I live in Jupiter, so the Kia on Northlake is closer to me. They are supposed to receive their display model soon.
Ok great let me know what you think.