Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger Logo Emblem Development Underway!

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
We've had some discussions with some folks out there to have a Stinger-centric aftermarket emblem made. Some individuals feel the E logo in front is a bit of a stretch given the brand's explanation of it's meaning (to each his own of course). Why not have something more applicable to the car that's not the rather undesireable "KIA" emblem that can be used on the front of the car as well as the tailgate? This is a fairly easy project for us as we've done custom OEM-quality emblems in the past. Here are some ideas that are just starting to be thrown around using the original "Stinger" lettering as the logo...

I'm not a Photoshop guru, so I can't simulate what chrome would look like, but that would probably be the first color we'd do. Red/black seems to be a nice alternative option too as it's often a popular highlight color for exterior themes. Either way, the logo and outline would be a beveled design with the black background sunk back. Pretty standard for this type of emblem.

Thoughts? Feedback?

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #2
reserved

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Here's an example of the finished product from what we did for the Veloster market. I'd go for the same type of feel for the Stinger emblem, though the Veloster scene had more of a demand for a logo like the raptor one here.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
Not bad

Gretz Slowy

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Very cool, these should sell well.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
[MENTION=339]Mike@ImportShark[/MENTION] made a chrome rendering for you.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I like it!

Speaking of Raptor you might do well in created a version for the Ford Raptor pickup. [like]

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
That looks really cool! I was wondering if anyone has asked for an oval emblem with the "Kia" name but in the font style used for the "Stinger" nameplate?

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
That looks really cool! I was wondering if anyone has asked for an oval emblem with the "Kia" name but in the font style used for the "Stinger" nameplate?
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere myself. Of course it's very possible to do, but everything depends on demand at this point. I'd think the likeliness of that happening is very low because most people who buy the car and want to change the emblems are looking to get away from the brand name. (Though I understand at least a good percentage just don't like the currently antiquated Kia logo)

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'99 BMW 540iTA
I had a crazy idea to rebadge one as an Audi S7 just to see how many people would be duped. Long, 4-door hatch, angry turbo. I'd wager quite a few wouldn't blink an eye at four rings on the back of a Stinger.

I like the chrome on black front badge and would replace "stinger" with "turbo" on the back

The stylized "K" I saw on a number of Optimas isn't bad either.

The "E" looks like it came from the aftermarket Tiburon shop.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I had a crazy idea to rebadge one as an Audi S7 just to see how many people would be duped. Long, 4-door hatch, angry turbo. I'd wager quite a few wouldn't blink an eye at four rings on the back of a Stinger.

I like the chrome on black front badge and would replace "stinger" with "turbo" on the back

You'll probably fool more people badging it an Alfa Romeo.

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #15

I'm not sure about the Audi thing, but I kinda think of Optima when I see the "K" logo. It just doesn't fit the uniqueness of the Stinger. And funny you mention the Tiburon in regard to the E logo because that was my initial thought when I first saw that. I mean, it's a nice emblem and all, but doesn't seem to make sense in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'99 BMW 540iTA
I'm not sure about the Audi thing, but I kinda think of Optima when I see the "K" logo. It just doesn't fit the uniqueness of the Stinger. And funny you mention the Tiburon in regard to the E logo because that was my initial thought when I first saw that. I mean, it's a nice emblem and all, but doesn't seem to make sense in the grand scheme of things.
The tiburon thing just smelled a lot like the "WTF is a Maserati logo doing on a Dodge K-car convertible?" It just screams JCWhitney.

I get what you're saying about uniquness - after all , Hyundai got that and did the wings for Genesis and the different-wing thing for Equus.

I have nothing actually against Kia, but...I don't advertise that I bought my wife's first diamond on eBay 20 years ago - I let the stone stand on it's own.

kcss88

Reactions
City
toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Stnger GT AWD
I would order a black and chrome for the front

TO Turbo

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Sonata 2.0t Ultimate
Mike, some variation of these logos would also work for the steering wheel, either as an overlay for the existing badge or as a replacement. This would be an option for those who don't want the K badge and don't want the expense / hassle of importing a KDM air bag so they can use the E. Just a thought.

OP
Mike @ ImportShark
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #20
Mike, some variation of these logos would also work for the steering wheel, either as an overlay for the existing badge or as a replacement. This would be an option for those who don't want the K badge and don't want the expense / hassle of importing a KDM air bag so they can use the E. Just a thought.
Oh a steering badge logo is very high on my list. The main problem I'm having right now is that the OEM steering wheel airbag module is needed for proper product development--and unfortunately that's extremely expensive from US parts suppliers. The alternative is me getting a trace of the KIA emblem on the steering wheel as a template to make an aftermarket emblem. Personally I prefer replacement steering wheel badges as opposed to overlays, but am not opposed to making an overlay too. Replacements can be made with a much more professional overall appearance and mount easier/more securely. Either way, this is definitely something that I'm working on.