Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What's your Kia Stinger Side Mirror Cap Preference?

• Stock

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Carbon Fiber

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Color Matched

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States

Stock Mirror Cap

Carbon Fiber Mirror Cap

Color Matched Mirror Cap

Kia Stinger Side Mirror Cap, Kia Stinger Mirror Caps, Kia Stinger Side Mirrors

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Carbon Fiber

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
What I Drive
Waiting for my Stinger 3.3 V6 AWD
I prefer stock ones. They make me thing about my first old Mercedes.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Stock on my Micro Blue is pretty perfect! Nice offset.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Black or carbon fibre.... I'm split

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Carbon all the way

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima LTD
The problem I see with Carbon Fibre mirrors is that it does not reference anything else on the car, unless you are going the whole journey with front splitters etc.
At least the stock finish picks up on the other chrome parts (side vents etc.)

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
True but you can always wrap the trim pieces that are not finished in carbon [rolleyes]

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
We've had a lot of problems with those overlay-type mirror covers. It's never a perfect fit, but even when you do get them aligned properly, it's VERY obvious that they're overlays because you can see the edges. Personally I always opt for stock. Covers are just bleh. Now if you're talking about a full replacement carbon fiber mirror housing, then that's a different story. ;)

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Slowly doing carbon bit by bit, next I want to get the front gt intakes and grills and have those wrapped along with the rear.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
[MENTION=492]vance16805[/MENTION] did the shop tell you how long the wrap will last before it requires replacement?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
[MENTION=492]vance16805[/MENTION] did the shop tell you how long the wrap will last before it requires replacement?
No just that it depends on car washes and other things but that if it starts to bubble or peel at any time he will take care of it

Last edited:
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Slowly doing carbon bit by bit, next I want to get the front gt intakes and grills and have those wrapped along with the rear.
Would you prefer real carbon over wrap if that was an available option? I'm talkin about all the "vents" on the car--front bumper, hood, sides, rear bumper. Thoughts?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Would you prefer real carbon over wrap if that was an available option? I'm talkin about all the "vents" on the car--front bumper, hood, sides, rear bumper. Thoughts?
Of course but the factor is cost. You going to be at the shop Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Of course but the factor is cost. You going to be at the shop Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday?
Just estimates....but I'd expect the hood and side vents to be $150/pair, fronts to be $200/pair and the rears to be $100/pair. I'll be posting quite a bit more info about these in about 2 weeks in this subforum. Maybe sooner, but we'll see.

I might be around all day on Tuesday because a large inventory shipment is arriving tomorrow and I need to make time to sort through all that, take pics, etc. If so, we can make plans to meet up at the shop if you're around. Either way I will be going there around 5pm one of those three days at least. When I know for sure, I'll inbox you.

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #16
No just that it depends on car washes and other things but that if it starts to bible or peel at any time he will take care of it

I see, thanks.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited

Wow this looks awesome, so I had the same idea but I've started with the Type G Lip, how did you get the mirror caps off, I tried but I was worried I'd break a clip trying to unsnap it. Also how did you take off the side vents to wrap that? Or did you do this all while it was still attached to the car? I'm thinking of doing exactly what you did and maybe the front grill. 20180330_202038.jpg

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wow I love the looks of the wrapped spoiler. Can you post some more pics?