Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What do you guys think of the ring around the Kia Stinger Tail lights?

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I just love this distinctive halo tail light design look.

[video=youtube;SCHOqzyyPT0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCHOqzyyPT0[/video]

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I like it. However, as we open the trunk more and more and the seals become more and more used, The lining is going to be an issue. If you can tell, there is not a fluid line on the driver side "halo." Now that I've seen this it is going to be on my mind from now on. Fit and finish is something that needs to be perfected and it is extremely important on a part of a car that is showcased 100 % of the time for driver's behind you. Let's hope they perfect that before sales. They should've went with an LED across the whole trunk... that may be what the black gloss part is when the brake is pressed. Again, thanks for pointing out a rather good idea that is flawed.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I really like it.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I love it!

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Those lights are one of the selling points for me.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
07 Pilot, 99 Dakota R/T
I am looking forward to the "aftermarket" tweaks we can do with the LED lighting system. A progress turn indicator like a Mustang would be on my to do list once the "hacking" starts, if the light is still functional of course. I see that the light flash for some reason on alot of the Korean videos I have seen but not sure if it is frame rate issues with the recording or an actual light effect.

I do worry that there will be some alignment issues over time now that Stingin'Away has pointed that out.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I do worry that there will be some alignment issues over time now that Stingin'Away has pointed that out.
I actually saw an Avalon, maybe a 2010 or so, today driving to work and it had lights similiar to this setup. Half of the LED was on the back quarter panels and the other half on the trunk. It was AT LEAST a quarter of an inch off from being aligned properly. I never knew Toyota fixed these to Avalon's, might have been a higher trim level - It looked very tacky. I feel this is something that would be on a Forte or Hyundai Accent (entry-level cars). LED's are great and give cars more sophistication but if they are not aligned properly or don't have a decent "glow" to them, it's tacky. I've saw Chargers with misaligned LED's as well. No bueno if not properly executed.