Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Accessories and install from different dealers?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
So I am curious if anyone has purchased or been looking into purchasing a kia accessory from one place/website and having the dealership of preference install it??
I only ask this because recently the dealership by me wanted $235 for a key fob ($250 w/tax) and I ended up ordering it at a kia website from a dealership in New Jersey for $160. I am currently looking at Stinger accessories and I see on kiausa.com when you build they want about $70 per set of mud guards. Upon further searching I found the sets for $30-35 each. So 2 for the price of one. I was also looking into puddle lights. The website says $240 but I found it at a kia accessory website for as low as $175. Just curious how many others would purchase from one place and have a dealership closer to them install the kia oem accessory?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Yes you can do that since parts and service are different departments they don?t really care.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
As long as they're OEM parts it shouldn't matter where you buy it from.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
Did the dealer price include instal, in other words are you going to have to pay the dealer to install the parts you buy? And is the cost of buying the part, plus paying separately for installing it (-key fob) higher than dealer cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #5
Yeah the dealership where I do all my service and maintenance wanted $234+tax so they said $250 for just the key fob part. Not programming. I figure with the stinger as I looked up accessories try to save alittle money where I can. So far shopping around i would say I could save easily $150-200 from the prices listed on kia.com when you build the car. For all the accessories I would like to add (my job can be very dirty especially in winter) I have seen saving as little as $10 a part to as much as $70 a part so far. i was just curious if anyone actually shops like this or just buys and installs from the same dealer regardless of price differences.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
My dealer gives a 10% discounts on parts to customers that purchase cars from them. Sometimes you just have to ask.