Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Carbon fiber inserts in place of exterior chrome

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I've always been ok with the chrome trim since it's dark, but for this might work for people that don't like chrome at all....

Attachments

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
This is exactly what I will need. Awesome job once again Texas.

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
I've always been ok with the chrome trim since it's dark, but for this might work for people that don't like chrome at all....
What are we looking at? Photoshop, wrap, or an actual aftermarket part?

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
What are we looking at? Photoshop, wrap, or an actual aftermarket part?
It's hydrographics actually, does that count as wrap? The entire car appears to be wrapped, the exterior, the roof, the chrome trim.

Inside, they also applied hydrographics as well. It's a bit much to my eyes but I'm sure some will like it:

Attachments

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I had planned on painting the side vents but this is a way better option.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
I like it on the exterior trim but the whole centre console???? Each to their own I suppose.....

Where/how was it done?

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
It's hydrographics actually, does that count as wrap?
Ha, not sure, but thanks for clarifying. I guess the big thing to compare would be durability. Does either one have an effective lifespan, and start flaking off prematurely? [unbelieveable]

Where/how was it done?
This channel for "Harper shop - South Korea" has three videos that show more, but not the actual process (there are tons of general videos on YouTube of the dipping process, however):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFbiUykRZJdaIG0XYrwBCiQ

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Ha, not sure, but thanks for clarifying. I guess the big thing to compare would be durability. Does either one have an effective lifespan, and start flaking off prematurely? [unbelieveable]

This channel for "Harper shop - South Korea" has three videos that show more, but not the actual process (there are tons of general videos on YouTube of the dipping process, however):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFbiUykRZJdaIG0XYrwBCiQ
Thanks for that - just "wasted" hours on youtube - fascinating.....anyone know how durable it is? I see its being put on wheel rims so I assume it must be ok?